Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ahh New Haircut soo Short! Johnson Park & Painting with Light (Light Art Photography)

Well hello again!  I've been keeping busy especially since this is midterm week, but hey hey spring break is a few days away! So this weekend I went home to Grand Rapids, MI again to do a re-shoot of the "Capturing Motion/ Light Art Project". To be honest, I feel like this weekend turned out a lot better than the previous which made the trip home again more worth while. But of course its always nice seeing family and friends especially since I am gradually seeing them less and less.

What made the difference this week compared to last week were a couple of key factors. I didn't correctly change the ISO which is the camera's sensitivity to light. When outdoors the ISO needs to be decreased and when you are in an indoor setting you need increase the ISO. I also had to change the shutter speed for the capturing motion pictures to a lower setting from 1/60 of a second to 1/500 of a second or less. Some pictures I even took at 1/3200 of a second which those seemed to turn out the best with the snowboarding pictures.



































Last but not least is the picture of the guys and my new hair cut. For three of us it was our first time getting our haircut with a razor with a 1 setting, so this was something new for most of us. We were pressured into it by our friend Jordan, but ah well they didn't turn out so bad. We thought we'd pose like we were "thugs" since we were all sporting the same haircut. I had to then add a brick wall background with grafitti on it with our nicknames Roose, BKing, DCrunk, and JReed. 

I also just registered for a Typography class this summer, so that is going to be exciting. I may also register for Painting as well, but I'll have to see how much time I have available between online classes and the Typography class.

That is all for now. I have a diagram project due tomorrow which I have barely cracked into, but at least I finished my research paper. Wish me luck on my midterms for the rest of the week! Have a fun spring break everyone! Bring some sun back for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment