Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Its Time to Revive this Blog

Wheeewww! This summer has been a constantly moving roller coaster and I don't think the brakes will stop until I am moved back into my apartment at CMU. Even then I'll be just jumping from one roller coaster to another as the school year begins. Okay, enough with the analogies its time for a recap. I have been reading up on graphic design works and also a HTML5 and CSS3 book for web design, but I haven't created any serious work besides a couple of fun projects on the side. I have been working and taking a class a GRCC this summer, but that is really no excuse for my lack of progress. The bittersweet truth is that this is the last summer that I am fairly positive I will see my closest friends that I grew up with on a regular basis, so I wanted to spend every available moment of my free time with them. I've reignited friendships from high school and grew closer to a lot of people this summer and ultimately it was a blessing to have the chance to spend my summer with them. I traveled, went to the beach, went boating, fishing, went to cottages/cabins, celebrated birthdays, river rafted, star gazed, concerts, and the list goes on.

I realize that this school year I will have to get serious and put my careless and happy-go-lucky ways behind me. I am finally moving ahead into my core courses for my major. Unfortunately my graphic design class at GRCC was cancelled for the summer so I don't have enough work to apply for the graphic design program this fall. On the other hand I will have all semester to prepare a strong and professional portfolio for the spring semester. If you have any tips that will help me with my portfolio I would be very appreciative.


I hope your summers have been as amazing as mine! 


Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence. - Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment