Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Portfolio Building and Projects

Now that I am beginning to get comfortable with my school schedule, I am diving into the creation of my portfolio. I am getting involved in a student RSO (besides run club this year) called Design Herd. This RSO provides Design students to engage with each other to help create portfolio and they bring in designers from all over Michigan to give speeches and assist future designers.

 I have designed a few new things since my last post and I have also began working on a couple of projects. For the portfolio, I am going to figure out a clean, simple, and efficient design for each of my projects so everything will be consistent. 



My first project that I turned in yesterday involved creating icons for the art department. I realized that my icons did not pop out from a distance so it was overlooked during the critique. I needed to create a thicker stroke to make the lines "pop". Also, everyone seemed to be attracted to the circular shape of the icons versus the square shaped icons. With my design concept, the rounded shape would not work, but I could have had rounded corners like the icons for the iPod/iPad apps.


The other project above was created in Adobe Flash program using the pen tool. This was for my Intro to Multimedia & Design class. For this project, all we had to do was create an image, but for the next project we will have to animate it. I am looking forward to having fun with this!

So far it has been minimal work, but we are starting to get involved with more in depth projects such as creating a logo for a business, creating type that represents the two sides of an oxymoron (ex: bitter sweet), and creating a collage of photographs to depict what a human eye sees (inspired by Gail Hoffman), and so on.

I'll be looking forward to showing you the progress of my portfolio and future projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment